jQuery Slide-Down-Box Menu for Joomla 2.5 & 3.x
Here is my a navigation menu, that is a special module, which works with Joomla 2.5. This module use the jQuery library and the jQuery Easing Plugin to render the slide-down and image animation. This module is perfect for those websites that needs more animation then the other ones.
The module setup require some explanation, so I will teach you how to use it:
1. Download the module and install it to your Joomla system.
2. Publish it on a module position after you are happy with the parameter setup
2.1. jQuery = Enable or disable the latest jQuery library (that is loaded from google). If another module or your default template is already using the jQuery library, you don’t have to load it via this module.
2.2. Module Width = The default value is 960 (in pixels), but you can change this to fit into any template.
2.3. Number of Items = Here you will have to insert the number of first level menu items, to fit the full with of menu container (in this case 960 pixels). I would recommend you using between 5-7 menu items. With less or more items, the menu will not look very nice.
The other parameters do not require any explanation.
3. Go to Menu Manager > Your Menu and create a new menu item. Set up the title and choose an image for the menu item, using the parameters in the Link Type Options tab. See the image:
4. Save the menu item and repeat the step 3.
5. You can add second level items as well. The module does not support more then 2 levels.
Future development of the SlideDown Box Menu
I’m planning to add more parameters for better customization. Would like to make the su-menus to go deeper. Would like to do some improvements on how the menu items are displayed and disable the the “Number of Items” parameter.
Hope you like and enjoy this slick navigation menu. I’m waiting for your feedback and bug reporting. Thank you![ssba]